Important Rider Information – Stilettos On Wheels 2013 – Rother Valley Country Park
- Sign on and collection of race number: each rider has to sign on personally, including both members of a pair. Registration will be open from 9:00am – 10:30am
- Entry on the day opens from 9:00am (only cash) please try to bring the correct money.
- The course will be open for practice from 9:30am – 10:30am.
- All races start at 11:00am. There will be a riders’ briefing before the start. Please ensure that all team members are at the start line at 10:45am to hear the information.
- You must wear a helmet on the course at all times this includes both during the practice and race.
- The race lasts 2 and 4 hours and will stop at 1:00pm and 3:00pm sharp. If you are not back by this time the lap you are on will NOT COUNT.
- Pairs must have only one member on the course at any time.
- Pair riders must change over at the designated transition area. It will be clearly signposted. To change over hand clap with your partner.
- You must not drop litter on the course, this includes energy gel wrappers. Please carry them with you in your pockets / up your shorts / wherever.
- Prize Giving and Spot prizes will be at approx. 3:20pm for all categories – Spot Prizes will only be given to riders who are present at the prize giving. There will be a race number raffle for some spot prizes. Our sponsors have been very generous and we have some great prizes.
- Timing Chip: at registration you will receive a timing chip once you’ve signed on, which you must return at the end of the race. There will be someone collecting them at the finishing area.
- Be polite to the public: The race venue is open to the public over the race day and there will be walkers and dogs about, please remember even though we do have the right of way please be polite.
- Security: Please make sure that all your bikes and possessions are secured at all times.
- Emergency: If anyone hurts themselves during the race, please advise a marshal who will radio the first aid ambulance team, they will be available during the whole race.
- Food: There is a cafe on site at Rother Valley Country Park.
- Parking: There is a £3.50 charge for parking paid on entry to the park. There will be a marshal directing you to parking areas from 9:00am please follow their instructions.
- Cameras: it’s always nice to get some pictures of race day so if you have people coming along to support you ask them to bring their camera to get some snaps. If you take lots of pictures of riders and want to share them so people can see the funny faces they pull when they’re racing then let us know where you’ve posted them online and we’ll publish a list after the race.
- Directions: The venue is Rother Valley Country Park at S26 5PQ: We advise you do not use our postcode in your Sat Nav to find us, as it takes you to an industrial estate nearby. From M1 Junction 31 take the A57 towards Sheffield, at the roundabout take the A618 towards Mansfield, Wales Bar and Clowne, at the traffic lights go straight on and the park entrance is at the bottom of the hill on the right.